DescriptionMaryland Institute College of Art is currently accepting applications for a full-time Digital Initiatives Librarian. The Digital Initiative Librarian provides expertise in creating and managing library digital collections, such as digital special collections, electronic theses, and other born-digital or retrospectively digitized materials. This librarian participates in the planning, implementation, maintenance, expansion, communication and promotion of digital library and institutional repository services, collections and content. This librarian works closely with the other units of the library to determine how digital assets should be leveraged for both scholarly and popular audiences. Responsibilities include budget management, database administration and implementing collection initiatives in collaboration with the Director.
Summary of Essential Functions
- Digital Collections: Provide expertise, advice, and assistance in the development, deployment, evaluation, and preservation of digital collections and content.
- Plan and allocate budget in collaboration with the Director of the Decker Library
- Data Asset Management: serve as primary manager of Content DM and the image asset management
- Supervise digital image and collections cataloging
- Participate in collection development and outreach for still and moving image collections
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
View the full job description and instructions on how to apply here: http://mica.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=56690
Published: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 17:55 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC