The Director of Digital Programs galvanizes LYRASIS’ digital services offerings to align with our communities’ known and unknown needs. The position is the hub for understanding and communicating library, archives, museums and other cultural heritage institutions’ digital and general technology requirements; and acts as a conduit to transform these needs into tangible, financially sustainable products, services and programs. The position has a high external engagement expectation ensuring LYRASIS is well positioned in our communities to identify potential opportunities while also acting as a quality control for our existing offerings. Working closely with our digital program areas, Grants, IT, Sales, Marketing and Fiscal teams, this position is responsible for coordinating existing and new technology services across the organization; overseeing a professional staff whose primary focus and results include LYRASIS program awareness and adoption.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive digitial technology services strategy that aligns with LYRASIS overall strategic plan and meets the needs of LYRASIS’ communities (libraries, archives, museums, cultural heritage organizations, vendors and potential funding partners).
- Be a strategic business technology partner for members, potential members, vendors, strategic partners and staff.
- Lead technology engagement opportunities and activities while maintaining an influential physical and virtual presence with libraries, archives and museums as well as open source and other technology communities.
- Assess current and recommend new technology solutions to meet community needs or fill gaps in our digitial services offerings.
- Maintain ongoing dialogue with LYRASIS’ communities and staff concerning current and emerging technology solutions under consideration for program development and delivery
- Develop, plan and implement actionable business plans to bring products to market to include well developed pricing strategies, marketing, sales and delivery plans; working closely with Digital areas, IT, Marketing and Sales, FISCAL and Grants.
- Produce, implement and maintain a sound training and consulting plan working closely with our Digitization and Sales teams to result in additional adoption of LYRASIS’ products and services.
- Make fact-based business decisions regarding products to deploy, their financial viability, target audience and likely uptake projections; forecasting
- Actively participate in the budgeting process and manage approved department budget, achieving revenue goals
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging information technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in program and project development/management and implementation with a stong business acumen
- Excellent collaboration, networking, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills with the ability to captivate an audience
- The ability to work successfully in group settings to facilitate discussion and build consensus with external/internal constituancies.
- Experience developing and managing a budget.
- Master's Degree in Library Science or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Technology related field
- Experience with digital content programs, open source products for libraries, archives, musuems or other cultural heritage organizations
- Experience in SaaS solutions and/or bringing technology products to market
- Experience developing and implementing comprehensive product market strategies
Published: Thursday, January 29, 2015 19:58 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC