DescriptionGrant funding has enabled Center for Research Libraries (CRL) to continue to expand its analysis and planning to shape a data centered international strategy for archiving and digitizing historical journals and newspapers.
We are seeking an individual experienced with the structuring of library metadata to review and normalize data for ingesting into two databases.
- Verifying that the ingest format is structured correctly
- Identification of macro or obvious problems what will cause data to fail during either the ingest or normalization process
- Verifying data points for ingestion or normalization are present and accurate
- Ensuring output formula is structured correctly
- Reviewing exceptions, documenting problems and developing fixes
MLS or MLIS preferred. Thorough knowledge of MARC bibliographic and holdings formats, combined with a minimum of three years library experience that includes checking in serials or copy cataloging serials or newspapers will be considered in lieu of an advanced library sciences degree. In addition we are seeking a team player and effective communicator capable of applying a high degree of attention to detail.
In addition to professional challenge and the chance to make a creative contribution, the
CRL offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits package.
Published: Friday, February 6, 2015 21:15 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC