User Services Technology Specialist position. Stanford University
Hi Folks. I'm forwarding the job announcement below. Please excuse duplication. If interested or have questions, please contact Kathy Kerns (firstname.lastname@example.org), head of Stanford's Cubberley Education Library.
-------- Original Message --------
Stanford's Cubberley Education Library is seeking someone who possesses both strong technical and reference skills for our User Services Technology Specialist position. If you or someone you know might be interested, please go to http://jobs.stanford.edu/find_a_job.html to apply for this position. This job is classed as a Computing Information Systems Analyst 4P2, but reference and public service are also very important components of this position. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about it. Kathy Kerns
The User Services Technology Specialist reports to the Head of Cubberley. The incumbent takes an active leadership role in the identification, analysis, and implementation of new technologies for information delivery services provided by the Cubberley Education Library. The incumbent also participates as part of a team providing reference and public services assistance in Cubberley.
*Responsibilities: * 50%
* Works closely with the Head of Cubberley Library on technical matters; proposing, testing, and providing evaluations of available technological solutions for user services in education. * Manages the multi-media component of the curriculum collections, including the equipment needed to access digital and analog media content within the collection. * Develops and manages computer clusters within Cubberley Library. * Ghosts images for clusters on various platforms. * Keeps abreast of new developments in technology with potential for enhancing the Cubberley Library users’ use of information resources acquired by SULAIR (Stanford University Libraries and Academic Information Resources).
* Maintains the Cubberley Web presence (including blog) in consultation with the Head of Cubberley Library. * Participates as part of the team providing reference and public services assistance to SUSE faculty, staff, and students and other Cubberley Library patrons.
* Serves as liaison with the User Services Technology Manager for Green Library to ensure consistency of technology-based user services in Cubberley and Green. * Collaborates with colleagues in Green Library, Academic Computing, and SUSE IT on technical issues.
* Trains Cubberley Library staff and users in the use of new technology-assisted services. * Provides expert knowledge on various platforms and operating systems, including Windows, Macintosh, Unix, and Linux. * Works closely with the Cubberley Library Expert Partner.
*Description of the Relationships and Roles: * Reports directly to the Head of Cubberley Library. Works closely with the User Services Technology Manager in Green Library. Works with other staff members to provide reference assistance in Cubberley.
*Equipment, Systems, software, skills to be used in the performance of the job:* Equipment: servers, desktop machines, laptop computers, printers, scanners, monitors, and handheld devices. Systems: Stanford computing environment, and Leland system. Works with Socrates and Kronos. Software: Expertise in Dreamweaver, Email, Ghost, MS Office Suite, Photoshop, wiki & blog creation tools. Uses search tools and a variety of indexing and abstracting databases. Knowledge of Instant messaging software, and RSS feeds. Skills: system administration on Windows and Linux operating systems, experience using Mac OS, programming and scripting in UNIX environment, network administration, database administration, hardware/software knowledge. Knowledge of wireless and various protocols involved.
*Qualifications or Requirements:*
* Demonstrated expertise in support of Windows and Mac OS-based operating systems and a variety of software applications. * Knowledge of UNIX, Windows, and Linux operating systems. * Demonstrated expertise in emerging technologies and their application to library services. * Knowledge of Web-based applications and standards such as xhtml, xml, and scripting programs. Knowledge of Dreamweaver. * Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and fix software, hardware, and networking problems. * General knowledge of application software such as Microsoft Office, Web browsers and search engines. * Demonstrated reference experience in the social sciences. * Advanced degree in Education or substantial experience working with educational library resources preferred. * A bachelor’s degree in information systems or equivalent combination of education and experience. * Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in English. * Experience in instructional design and the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical people. * Experience in maintaining high quality user-oriented service. * Strong organizational ability, proven ability to prioritize tasks and time, and ability to manage multiple projects.
-- Kathryn (Kathy) M. Kerns, MLS, MA, PhD Curator for Education Resources Head of Cubberley Education Library Stanford University Libraries Stanford, CA 94305-3097 email@example.com (650)-725-1186
-- James R. Jacobs International Documents Librarian Green Library Stanford University (650) 725-1030 firstname.lastname@example.org IM: LibrarianJames Jabber: email@example.com
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:48 UTC