Created: December 1, 2014
MTV New York City0 other recent jobs
DescriptionJob Opening Title: Archive Researcher
Institution/Organization Name: MTV Networks
Job Location (City, State, Province, Country): New York, NY
Application Deadline: December 8, 2014
- Operate proprietary database applications for the research and discovery of most valued videotape assets using Viacom CMS.
- Select records in the database and prioritize based on project guidelines.
- Organize the ordering of tape masters via database for encoding.
- Evaluate digitized assets to determine accuracy of content to reconcile digital files to barcode directories.
- QC digital assets after they have been encoded to ensure that all files received are accurate.
- Excellent computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel and Word).
- Must have a solid base knowledge of music and entertainment industry.
- Knowledge of tape and digital formats.
- Familiarity with video production vocabulary.
- Must have excellent analytical skills, show good judgment and be detail oriented.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, follow-through and communication skills (both verbal & written).
- College degree is preferred or equivalent work experience is required; (Bachelor’s degree preferred-with an emphasis in Communications or Library Services).
- Familiarity with Viacom Music Networks programming.
- Familiarity with ALIAS and PTS.
- Familiarity with digital library operations (i.e. ingest, digitization, etc).
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC
How to apply
Published: Monday, December 1, 2014 08:48 UTC