DescriptionThe library department seeks applications for a full-time tenure track position at the assistant librarian level beginning January, 2015. Reporting to the Library Director, the Systems and Digital Services Librarian administers and maintains Library technology services including the library’s website and databases, integrated library system and link resolver (OCLC WorldShare Management Services), LibGuides, and other library services. The position includes close collaboration with the Academic Technology Department and other departments in Academic Affairs, and occasional participation in division-wide projects. This librarian will work with colleagues to integrate and upgrade library systems to improve the user experience; will participate in the library’s reference services (including a Sunday shift rotation); and will teach in the library’s robust instruction program while serving as a liaison to one or more academic departments. This position is also responsible for monitoring best practices and trends in emerging technologies and will proactively research, recommend, and develop/adapt/implement technologically innovative services to match user needs. This is a 12-month tenure-track position. Librarians are expected to participate on library and university-wide committees, to work effectively in a shared decision-making environment, and to be active professionally.
- ALA-accredited MLS.
- Experience with integrated library systems.
- Understanding of emerging library technologies and how they serve users.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Web design and standards including CSS, usability testing, and accessibility requirements.
- Experience providing instruction and reference services.
- Ability to communicate with multiple constituencies in both technical and non-technical terms.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a diverse population of faculty/staff, students, and colleagues.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to determine effectively the root cause of issues and implement the appropriate solution.
How to apply
Published: Monday, December 1, 2014 08:35 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC