The J. Paul Getty Trust Information Technology department seeks a highly skilled, creative, agile and team-oriented individual to contribute strongly to its software implementation / support and integration efforts across a variety of software solutions. The ideal candidate will possess not only the technical skills to succeed, but the organization and discipline to implement, maintain, trouble-shoot, upgrade and enhance application software solutions. The position will report to an Application Manager, with primary supervisory responsibilities, but will participate in the deployment and support of multiple software applications for different application managers. Strong collaboration and communication skills are required as interactions between other members of the IT organization as well as the user community are essential.
Major Job Responsibilities:
The Information Systems team at the J. Paul Getty Trust works to support a diverse group of clients with varying software solution needs across the Getty. A solid understanding of software application lifecycle, issue management and upgrade / release management are important. Sound understanding of other basic IT processes including project management, application management, incident and problem management and change management are all vital to be successful.
The position does require strong technical and analytical skills as well, though actual software development (programming) is not explicitly required. Some of the required skills include:
- Strong analytical and testing skills
- Strong data analysis skills & query language skills (SQL); stored procedures
- Experience / competence working with report writing tools, such as Crystal Reports
- Understanding of XML, XSLT and HTML
- Be a team player; know when to assume each role of being a leader, advisor, direction-taker – working toward the highest quality, sustainable solution at all times
- Follow Getty practices (help define best practices) with respect to project management, incident management, issues and application management
- Has a clear understanding of the functional and quality requirements and thoroughly tests all work before asking others (user base) to test; a high standard of quality
Bachelor's degree in a related field or a combination of education and relevant experience
5+ years of experience working with software package and implementation support
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong interpersonal and communication skills adaptable to various audiences from technical to management.
Solid writing skills to develop and maintain documentation
Strong organizational and time management skills
Self-motivated and self-directed, as appropriate and needed
How to apply
Published: Thursday, October 23, 2014 14:37 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC