DescriptionDiscover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
OCLC, a worldwide library services organization headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, is a leader in information technologies and innovative online services. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
The Technical Product Manager, WorldShare Platform is responsible for conceiving, defining, and releasing new product features (including technical enhancements) that increase the value and adoption of the WorldShare Platform.
This role will lead requirement definition and prioritization for the Platform infrastructure and Web service externalization efforts. Working closely with the development team leader, the Executive Director of Data Services, and the WorldShare Community Manager, the Technical Product Manager will evaluate and document both market (external) and internal needs associated with the use of services and development/integration of apps; she/he will also work across portfolios to coordinate, from a product perspective, service development and exposure. The incumbent will also act as a liaison across infrastructure teams (IDM/WSKEY, MSI, etc.) to ensure an effective, consistent user experience.
As well as maintain a comprehensive understanding of the “platform” industry space across Web and mobile applications. The Technical Product Manager will also act as the primary technical liaison for 3rd party business development opportunities in support of Senior Product Managers and Portfolio Directors.
This role will be a cross-functional leader who works comfortably in a matrix management environment. She/he will accomplish a great deal of work through other people and other functional departments, including close work with Marketing, Implementation, Customer Services, and across Global Product Management.
Product Strategy and Planning:
• Collaborates with Data Services Team and Product Marketing in the development of roll-out and product communication strategies.
Product Marketing Oversight and Consultation:
• Assists the Executive Director, Data Services and WorldShare Community Manager in the development of strategies for effective use of Platform services.
• Participates in sales calls requiring significant Platform engagement.
• Provides input to portfolio business plans and strategies.
• Manages Platform roadmaps, progress reports, and reviews.
Internal Coordination of Platform Activity:
• Works across product areas to ensure broad, consistent service exposure.
• Provides OpenSocial expertise to GPM teams.
• Provides technical leadership and guidance on Platform issues to non-development areas of the organization.
Team Management and Coordination:
• Provides management and coordination for a team of Product Analysts supporting the Platform and community engagement.
• Advanced degree in either computer, library, or information science
• 2 to 4 years of product, project or program management experience
• Knowledge of OpenSocial, OAuth, and other Web standards
• Ability to develop apps in at least one of the following: PHP, Perl, Python, or Ruby
• 2 to 4 years experience in library services or library management systems, preferred
• 2 to 4 years experience in staff management, preferred
• Well developed communication and presentation skills
• Strong customer relationship skills
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC