DescriptionThe Library Applications Specialist develops, modifies, tests, implements and supports library computer and web applications and provides primary administration and support for these and various assigned 3rd party applications. Reporting to Information Technology (IT) and in compliance with IT standards and protocols, the position works directly with and receives work assignments and priorities from library administration to develop and support library applications. The position reports to the Manager, PeopleSoft Projects within IT.
Salary range: high $50s- low $60s. TIAA/CREF and other retirement options; 24 days of vacation annually; generous sick leave policy; tuition benefits for self and family; no state income tax or FICA.
The University of Nevada, Reno is a land-grant University and a major research institution in the state with a student population of over 19,000. The University is situated in Reno, a metropolitan area of nearly 400,000, on the eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada mountain range, located 38 miles from Lake Tahoe, a world-class skiing area with limitless summer and winter recreational opportunities.
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution and two years of experience programming applications or applications administration to include .NET languages (VB.NET or C#.NET)
- Languages and tools to include but not be limited to: Visual Studio, C#.NET, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Oracle, PL/SQL – stored procedures, SQL Reporting Services, current Windows operating systems, UML, Subversion, and interfacing with MS Office/ SharePoint
- General object oriented programming concepts
- Relational databases and SQL
- Desktop and server computer hardware and operating systems
- Computer networking as it relates to the development and support of multi-tiered applications
- Higher education working environment
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC