Robert W. Woodruff Library
Job Location: Georgia
Apply By: 12-07-2014
Date Created: 10-06-2014
Reporting to the Head of Application Support (Library), the Systems Librarian is a key position with responsibility on providing high-quality, robust systems that facilitate search, discovery, and delivery of library services and resources to the entire Emory university campus. The Systems Librarian works collaboratively with a wide range of libraries and units to support the discoverability of library resources in both the physical and digital realms. The position works as part of a department that provides services to all libraries of Emory University. This enterprise-wide department is a key component of Emory’s integrated information technology-library ecosystem. This Systems Librarian is tasked with support of current systems and works on projects to deliver new services to better support a research focused multi-disciplined environment. Specific duties of the incumbent include the following:
- Serves as a Systems Librarian for the Emory Libraries including Robert W. Woodruff Library, Woodruff Health Sciences Library, Goizueta Business Library, Oxford College Library, Macmillan Law Library, and Pitts Theology Library.
- Pivotal member of the Library Applications Support Team administrating current systems during, and after, an enterprise migration from ILS to LSP (Library Services Platform) infrastructure.
- Assists in administrating the core library.
- Monitors the market regarding implementation of new and emerging library applications and knowledge systems such as next generation library catalogs, aggregated discovery tools, research and collaboration systems, instructional technology, digital archives, and simulation and presentation tools.
- Works closely with public and technical services staff in all libraries and with software engineers to ensure that systems are optimized for acquisitions, cataloging/metadata, and e-resource management operations.
- Works with Web Development to assure a seamless look and feel to services supported or offered by the Library Applications Support Team.
- Helps to maintain a master list of system upgrades, modifications, and fixes.
- Performs other duties related to library systems as needed to accomplish the goals of the department, division, and library.
- Participates in library committees related to primary job assignment as appropriate.
- Represents the library on professional and scholarly association committees, task forces, work groups, and other entities at the local, state, regional, national, and international level as appropriate to position and area of expertise.
- Maintains up-to-date professional knowledge and skills in areas related to primary job assignment as well as maintaining general knowledge of current trends in higher education, academic libraries, and information and educational technology.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, November 5, 2014 04:47 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC