Sr. Systems Librarian
Created: November 5, 2014
Emory University Atlanta2 other recent jobs
Robert W. Woodruff Library
Job Location: Georgia
Apply By: 12-07-2014
Date Created: 10-06-2014
Reporting to the Head of Application Support (Library), the Sr. Systems Librarian is a key position with responsibility on providing high-quality, robust systems that facilitate search, discovery, and delivery of library services and resources to the entire Emory university campus. The Senior Systems Librarian is an expert in library systems and works collaboratively with a wide range of libraries and units to support the discoverability of library resources in both the physical and digital realms. The position works as part of a department that provides services to all libraries of Emory University. This enterprise-wide department is a key component of Emory’s integrated information technology-library ecosystem. This Senior Systems Librarian position contributes to the continuous improvement, extension, and integration of the Library’s various systems and increasingly sophisticated search tools, including the library service platform, integrated library system, discovery layer, website, ERM, knowledge base management, institutional repository, and other digital delivery platforms in support of faculty and student teaching, learning, research and scholarship. Specific duties of the incumbent include the following:
- Serves as a Systems Librarian for the Emory Libraries including Robert W. Woodruff Library, Woodruff Health Sciences Library, Goizueta Business Library, Oxford College Library, Macmillan Law Library, and Pitts Theology Library.
- Pivotal member of the Library Applications Support Team heading up the systems administrative process of an enterprise migration from ILS to LSP (Library Services Platform) infrastructure.
- Assists in administrating the core library systems including integrated library system (Ex Libris)/library services platform as well as search and discovery (PRIMO) ensuring successful delivery of integrated services that provide seamless user access to resources in the discovery layer.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of the university’s teaching, learning, and research programs and initiatives, and its academic goals and plans, to ensure that search, discovery, and delivery services of the library system meet and anticipate faculty and student needs.
- Monitors the market regarding implementation of new and emerging library applications and knowledge systems such as next generation library catalogs, aggregated discovery tools, research and collaboration systems, instructional technology, digital archives, and simulation and presentation tools.
- Works with usability specialists to assess user needs and expectations on a regular and ongoing basis to inform the direction of the program and the ongoing development of search, discovery, and delivery services. Works with department and library staff to employ formal usability testing and data analysis to assess the effectiveness of services and technologies.
- Works closely with Metadata Specialists and with Content Division staff to deploy and configure systems to fully leverage the potential of metadata derived from disparate sources.
- Works closely with public and technical services staff in all libraries and with software engineers to ensure that systems are optimized for acquisitions, cataloging/metadata, and e-resource management operations
- Works with Web Development to assure a seamless look and feel to services supported or offered by the Library Applications Support Team.
- Helps to develop and maintain a master list of system upgrades, modifications, and fixes.
- Performs other duties related to library systems as needed to accomplish the goals of the department, division, and library.
- Participates in library committees related to primary job assignment as appropriate.
- Represents the library on professional and scholarly association committees, task forces, work groups, and other entities at the local, state, regional, national, and international level as appropriate to position and area of expertise.
- Participates in appropriate professional and scholarly associations and organizations including maintaining membership and/or accreditation; attending meetings, conferences, workshops; and serving in appointed or elected positions.
To view the full posting, please visit http://web.library.emory.edu/about/employment/librarian.html
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, November 5, 2014 04:42 UTC