Apologies for the cross postings . . . . LAC Group seeks Library Technician to provide cataloging support services for large-scale cataloging and digitization initiative. Work location is Denver, CO. Position is subject to award.
- Provides support services for digital initiatives
- Provides routine copy cataloging or print and electronic resources
- Assist in using bibliographic tools, such as Library of Congress classification and Subject Headings
- Performs routine inquiries and refers persons requiring professional assistance to the librarian
- Assists Project Manager in verifying bibliographic information on all items to be digitized
- Assists with preparing materials for imaging and packing materials for shipment to offsite vendor
- Maintains and monitors an inventory of outgoing and incoming materials from vendor to ensure that all original materials have been returned
- Inspects digitized materials for quality assurance
- Perform routine clerical functions such as copying, scanning and indexing as required
- Review and add basic metadata as needed to digital objects
- Maintain statistics and reports on activities
- Other duties as required
- Associates Degree from a recognized college or technical institute with credits in library science or computer science
- Demonstrated experience providing library support services.
- Knowledge of library techniques, systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of sources of reference and bibliographic material.
- Demonstrated experience cataloging print and electronic resources.
- Experience using an Integrated Library System
- Knowledge and experience with full level OCLC-MARC format, AACR2R, and Library of Congress (LC) Classification and Subject Headings
- Ability to use and explain library facilities, including catalogs and other reference aids
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively, orally and in writing
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with all members of the project team
- Excellent customer service skills
For immediate consideration, please visit http://goo.gl/ID4cn
Also, follow us on Twitter for more exciting opportunities https://twitter.com/lac_jobs
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC