Collections and Data Management Librarian
Created: October 6, 2014
Harvard University Cambridge, MA0 other recent jobs
DescriptionBaker Library, Harvard Business School
Put your in-depth knowledge of the business/social sciences information industry and your strong quantitative, analytical, communication, and problem solving skills to work in a vibrant organization that is building an exemplar 21st century academic library to support research, teaching, and learning at a world renowned business school.
Knowledge and Library Services at Harvard Business School (HBS) is seeking a versatile, results and service oriented individual who thrives in a changing learning environment to become a key member of the Baker Library collections and data management teams.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Implementing and providing day-to-day management of the new Research Data Management Program for HBS.
- Acquiring and tracking special data sets and other research materials for individual HBS faculty and doctoral students.
- Consulting with customers and colleagues on intellectual property issues.
- Implementing the collection development policy, including vendor negotiations and licensing.
- Preparing budget requests and forecasts and liaise with Harvard Library acquisitions as needed
- Advanced degree in information management, library science, or business
- 4+ years’ experience in collection development including contract negotiations and management
- Demonstrated ability to exercise maturity and good judgement in dealing with priority customers and vendors
- Fundamental understanding of intellectual property issues
- In-depth understanding of scholarly communications and the information industry, preferably in the field of contemporary business and/or social sciences
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and critical thinking/problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority
Respect for the rights, differences, and dignity of others
Honesty and integrity in dealing with all members of the community
Accountability for personal behavior
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC