DescriptionThe Florida Virtual Campus (FLVC) is a statewide academic support organization. FLVC has office locations in Tallahassee, Gainesville, and Tampa. FLVC contracts with the University of Florida to provide its employees eligibility to participate in the benefit programs offered by both the University of Florida and the State of Florida. For more information on FLVC, visit https://www.flvc.org.
- Take primary responsibility for supporting one or more production applications, and provide back up to the primary support person for one or more additional applications. Support includes but is not limited to: running and/or monitoring production operations; performing quality control; producing statistics and reports; responding to tickets; communicating with the vendor or open source community to resolve problems; and providing web-based and on-site training and training materials for library staff. (40%)
- Contribute to the general design and operation of applications and services to enhance the digital capabilities of the libraries. Perform requirements analysis for new modules, processes and workflows. Draft specifications for data, data conversions, user interfaces and/or application programs, and work with programmers to develop, test and implement them. (30%)
- Participate on state-wide committees, working groups and task forces of staff concerned with the creation, description and/or management of digital resources. (10%)
- Keep abreast of regional and national trends and initiatives related to with technology for digital library services to students and faculty. To the extent possible, given limitations of time and funding, contribute to the profession and to your own professional development by participating in regional and national initiatives through meeting attendance, committee appointments, and other means of involvement. (10%)
- Performs work in support of business processes and projects. Performs time-sensitive tasks and meets established deadlines; maintains effective communications with appropriate FLVC staff; maintains effective working relationships to ensure the success of the business processes and projects. (5%)
- Other duties as assigned. (5%)
- Master’s degree in library and/or information science from an ALA-accredited program strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of MARCXML, Dublin Core, MODS, EAD and/or METS standards
- Working knowledge of XML technologies, Unix/Linux, and relational database management systems;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- Demonstrated analytic ability, creativity, energy and enthusiasm.
- Two or more years of experience in an academic library environment.
- Direct experience with digital initiatives (digitization projects, digital content management systems and/or Web-based delivery of digital objects).
- Background in special collections, archives and/or cataloging; programming or Web development experience.
- Teaching or training experience.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC