The Emerging Technologies Librarian is a member of the IT Support and Development Department within The Wallace Center. This position will identify and implement innovative uses of emerging information and web technologies to enhance the delivery of online content in a university setting including projects related to libraries, instruction, and student learning.
Specific projects may include piloting vendor applications, or using web services to improve the user experience in discovering, searching, or acquiring library materials and content. Additionally, the position will assist users in working with the Drupal CMS, customizing the interface for various applications, and integrating services from separate applications, including library databases and services supporting digital collections. Projects will likely include implementation and customization of open source code, using various API’s made available by Google, OCLC, or Code4Lib members, as well as various library vendors, universities or development groups.
Duties to include:
- Identify, Implement and maintain technology related projects from start to finish
- Maintain awareness of current library related technologies both open source and vendor specific.
- Compare available solutions to organizational requirements.
- Direct and manage student employees when available.
- Customizing the interface for various applications.
- Integrating services from separate applications including library databases and services supporting digital collections.
- Program, script or otherwise create new solutions when applicable.
- Projects will likely include implementation and customization of open source code, using various API’s made available by Google, OCLC, or Code4Lib members, as well as various library vendors, universities or development groups.
- Maintain awareness of solutions and their place in the product life cycle including ability to retire solutions when necessary.
- Perform usability studies, gather end user input or analyze collected data as necessary.
- Support and train users on library software and other applications supported by The Wallace Center
- Group Training
- Individual Training
- Possible Opportunities to present at conferences and groups
Develop and organize documentation related to projects:
- Outline goals, objectives, requirements and milestones.
- Update the project plan as needed at each milestone.
- Create documentation on projects, applications or solutions in accordance with policies and standards.
Serve on project teams with goal of integrating services together
- Internal and/or external stakeholders
- Work with vendors, working groups, or other libraries
- Serve on TWC technology steering team
- Propose, review and work projects in accordance with organizational goals
- Work with TWC staff to analyze needs and recommend solutions
How to apply
Published: Saturday, August 23, 2014 01:34 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC