DescriptionProQuest seeks a Senior Full-Stack Engineer.
Are you a hands-on web developer with expert level proficiency in web technologies including back-end languages and frameworks, front end scripting and libraries, and code management and deployment? Are you are a friendly, creative, and pragmatic problem-solver with proven abilities to thrive in a fast-paced, technically challenging environment? Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a tight, cross-functional team of engineers and designers? Have you worked on a small development team with remote team members?
Look no further! ProQuest's division that develops tools for academic researchers is looking for an amazing Sr. Full Stack Developer. This is a position in a small, solid product development team. You'll report to our Development Director, but in practice you'll answer mostly to your teammates and product owners. We work in small teams, agile with kanban influences.
Still interested? Read on...
Some of what you'll be doing:
- Server-side programming in Scala
- Working with document processing and PDF parsing algorithms
- Integrate ElasticSearch with application logic
- Integrate server-side code into front-end interfaces
- Work with an upbeat, talented, slightly quirky team
- When not in San Diego: work virtually, lots of Skype/Hangouts, chat, and screen-sharing
What you'll need to be successful:
- While you may have an area of focus, you understand technologies up and down the software stack
- Good grasp and understanding of server-side programming using functional languages - Scala
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL databases - MongoDB, CouchDB
- Hands-on experience with search technologies - ElasticSearch, Solr, Lucene
- Experience with IntelliJ, Eclipse, SBT, Jenkins, GitHub is desirable
- Experience with modern front-end development frameworks - AngularJS, Bootstrap, Karma
- Experience with web applications on Amazon AWS is a plus
- Familiarity with build systems, deployments, monitoring, and performance tuning
- Proactive communicator and collaborator who can effectively work in a fast-paced, iterative development environment with remote team members
- A passion to learn new technologies
ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. We provide seamless access to and navigation of more than 125 billion digital pages of the world's scholarship, delivering it to the desktop and into the workflow of serious researchers in multiple fields, from arts, literature, and social science to general reference, business, science, technology, and medicine. The company is currently rolling out the all-new ProQuest® platform, which moves beyond navigation to empower researchers to use, create, and share content—accelerating research productivity.
If this position isn’t quite your fit, check out our other positions posted on our “Career” page under About Us. ProQuest’s corporate office is located in Ann Arbor, MI.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC