- As a member of the library Discovery & Technical Services (DTS) department, this position will report to the IT Analyst III and work independently and collaboratively on the library's enterprise discovery system (Primo) as well as its back-end information management system (Alma). Using accepted programming techniques and systems analysis, this position is responsible for:
- Developing and designing the web interface of the Primo discovery system
- Creating and managing automated record loaders for the Alma information management system
- Developing APIs for integrating library systems with other campusi nformation systems for the purpose of data exchange and updates
Responsibilities / Duties:
System Development, Programming, and Integration 80%
Library discovery system (Primo)
- Implement development and design decisions to the library's discovery interface.
- Update and maintain underlying system code to conform with vendor system changes and design changes.
- Implement new system functionality provided by the system vendor on an as-needed basis.
- Create new system functionality using accepted programming techniques on an as-needed basis.
- Work closely with support staff from the system vendor to report and troubleshoot problems with Primo.
- Configure existing system functionality as well as create custom programs that load data into the library information system. This includes bibliographic record files, orders, invoices, patron information, etc.
- Develop and implement programming solutions that integrate the library information management system with other campus systems for the purpose of data exchange. These other systems include Banner (Bursar's Office/OIT), SAP/Iris (Treasurer's Office/OIT), and LDAP (OIT). Work closely with staff from OIT to develop standards and ensure that data security procedures are being followed.
- Work closely with support staff from the system vendor to report and troubleshoot problems with Alma.
- Consultation across library departments and working groups to design and program enterprise systems for improved usability for library users.
- Collaborate within committees and task forces to design services that meet the needs of library users.
- Prepare documentation to help with support of services.
- Participate in support of critical services during off-hours.
- Bachelor's degree; experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
- 1-2years systems analysis and/or programming experience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills;and strong analytical abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on several projects at once; to work collaboratively; and to learn and adapt new technologies
- Experience with or knowledge of enterprise server environments
- Experience with JQuery; and experience working with XML data and schemas
- Experience in an academic library computing setting
- Knowledge of library-specific data standards such as MARC21
Published: Monday, August 18, 2014 15:40 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC