Ex Libris Group — Des Plaines
0 other recent jobs
Created: August 11, 2014
DescriptionThe Support Analyst provides product support to ExLibris customers. Support Analysts are responsible for logging, documenting and resolving questions and problems related to the applications of the Library Management System and other ExLibris software. This includes troubleshooting and resolving issues related to the functional aspects of the web interface and ExLibris system related issues (client and server).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be the first point of contact for all inbound customer’s inquiry and problems
- Provide support for most issues related to Exlibris’ products and services.
- Pull open cases from Tier-1 shared queue, according to pre-defined guidelines, and become their owner until resolution or until escalated to Tier-2.
- Maintain close contact and open communication with customers (documenting all communication in SalesForce).
- Work within SalesForce case management system, to create detailed work logs.
- Strive for first call resolution. If impossible – Triage, info gathering and validation and then escalation of complex issues to Tier 2.
- Create flows of procedures and troubleshooting, and maintain them on a designated knowledge base platform (KCS) for the usage of customers and analysts.
- Follow technical documented procedures and strive to maintain them constantly accurate and updated.
- Create robust work relations with Tier-2 staff.
- Provide manager with regular updates on common problems encountered and identify possible longer-term solutions/improvements to reduce future problems
- Use communication channels to inform team of important issues and information which will help improve team performance.
Education, Licensing, Certification, and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree mandatory.
- Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science, or equivalent highly desirable.
- Customer support experience desirable.
- Experience in library service highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Unix and/or Oracle is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate in both technical and non-technical language with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer service, demonstrate professionalism while maintaining composure in stressful situations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within department and across functions.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to evaluate and manage changes, understanding their impact to systems, business and users.
- Must be able to work well with stringent deadlines and possess good organizational skills and strive to improve efficiency and responsiveness.
- Must follow predefined guidelines, protocols, and procedures as directed.
- Detail-oriented with a strong work ethic focused on providing a positive customer experience.
- Possess the ability to learn, retain, and apply new information and new products.
Published: Monday, August 11, 2014 19:58 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC