DescriptionEquinox Software, a growing and dynamic open source software development and support company based in Duluth, Georgia, is seeking a talented and dedicated Systems Administrator. Systems Administrators are responsible for the overall health and maintenance of customer-facing and internal servers and network infrastructure.
We are looking for the following qualities in a candidate:
* Strong customer service focus (no BOFH need apply)
* Extensive experience in a mission-critical Linux environment (Debian or Ubuntu strongly preferred)
* Deep familiarity with Linux installation, configuration, and troubleshooting
* Deep familiarity with Xen, Ganeti, and virtualization
* Deep familiarity with network monitoring and management technologies from SNMP to Nagios and Icinga
* Familiarity with storage technologies such as LVM and iSCSI
* Familiarity with Linux HA and clustering technologies such as LVS/ldirectord and keepalived
* Experience with bash and Perl scripting for system management and automation
* Experience exemplifying “laziness, impatience, and hubris” as defined by Larry Wall.
* Familiarity with SQL preferred
* Ability to work well with minimum direction
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
* Familiarity with libraries and library operations preferred but not required
Summary of essential job functions:
* Maintains, installs, and upgrades all Equinox servers and systems, including a mission-critical customer-facing server cluster
* Provides internal support to employees, both local and teleworkers
* Participate in 24×7 on-call shifts for critical issues
* Configures, installs and monitors a variety of applications in addition to Evergreen and Koha, including but not limited to: email servers, web servers, memcache, Postgres, ejabberd, DNS, Asterisk
* In-depth knowledge of Linux (Debian or Ubuntu)
Equinox offers awesome benefits such as family health, dental, and vision insurance, fully paid for by the company. We also have a 401(k) plan, a profit-sharing plan, and long-term employees have the opportunity to buy stock in the company.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience. Please send your resume, 3 professional references, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC