DescriptionThis position is responsible for the development of website standards and best practices for the library web presence. The person also participates in providing access to library materials acquired by the University Libraries and contributes to the development of departmental policies and procedures. The incumbent is also expected to engage in scholarly pursuit and other professional activities in accordance with Texas Tech Library’s standards for promotion and tenure.
• Maintains excellent written and oral communication with library staff. Disseminates information that is clear to all levels of library staff in the form of email updates, attendance at staff meetings and other appropriate means.
• Works closely with the supervisor, appropriate teams and departments to establish and refine associated policies, procedures, and workflows.
• Investigates, evaluates, and recommends systems and standards for the website. Leads the ongoing development of website standards and best practices. Provides recommendations on the implementation of new web services and systems. Tracks developments of library website standards and facilitates access to resources through website development.
• Implements suitable web standards. Ensures quality, consistency, and ease of access to all library website supported systems and information.
• Assists in setting policies, priorities and practices for the library website and how systems are integrated.
• Coordinate with others who are doing research on the website or are looking to use web statistics as assessment tools.
• Provides training in the area of web content creation and management and user experience.
• Participates in the development, design, deployment and support of web services.
• Participates in the development and implementation of library policies and procedures, project planning and staff training as needed.
• Stays abreast of current developments in library issues through active participation in professional organizations and workshops. Monitors professional trends in assigned areas and makes recommendations in these areas.
• Serves on library committees and cross functional teams as assigned.
• Writes reports and prepares other documentation as needed.
• Assists with special projects as needed.
How to apply
Published: Friday, August 8, 2014 21:19 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC