DescriptionThe position is responsible for implementing and managing library systems, discovery mechanisms, and control mechanisms for online resources. Responsibilities also include using technology to reach students, manage repositories, and provide multimedia center support. Serves as liaison with IT and ILC, TLC and other campus enterprises.
- Manages system implementation and maintenance for all library systems
- Manages Millennium ILS (integrated library system) and maintains system after implementation, including loading records, monitoring messages, updating tables and templates
- Implements functions in modules such as ACQ, INN-Reach, ERM (acquisitions, interlibrary loan, electronic resources management)
- Oversees coordination with Banner for regular downloads of employees and students
- Develops/maintains linking systems from catalog record to online resources
- Manages migrations to new versions, platforms (e.g. Sierra or Intota)
- Stays abreast of changes/opportunities in library systems
- Implements systems such as ILLIAD
- Monitors library servers, and remote access to library electronic resources
- Assists staff in use of systems
- Designs and develops web-based database applications, writes programs and scripts to automate tasks of library staff
- Installs software, and liaises with software vendors and campus IT
- Explores and recommends new technologies, including equipment and software
- Develops and maintains multimedia production/presentation facility (Digital Studio, Makerspace) and provides assistance with software. Provides visualization, data management, and GIS support.
- Supervises assistant in above areas, to be hired.
- Maintains a repository for placing Khalifa University intellectual content online, integrates with eFADA (consortium) repository as appropriate
- Develops web-based and other technologies in delivering resources and providing virtual assistance to users
- Plans, implements systems, space utilization in new library, to come on line end of 2015 or in 2016.
- ALA-accredited masters degree or equivalent in education, experience, and training
- Minimum three years' relevant experience post masters degree in academic libraries required.
- Experience implementing and/or managing integrated library systems required, Millennium preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage projects, work under stress and meet deadlines;
- Knowledge of discovery tools
- Understanding of library functions and ability to integrate system functions across the library and with campus functions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with students, faculty, and librarian peers;
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal skills and client service orientation;
- Demonstrated motivation, flexibility, taking initiative, being creative; skill at multi-tasking;
- Demonstrated potential to contribute to library and to profession through research, publishing, teaching, or professional service.
- Thorough understanding of bibliographic record structure, MARC21, RDA
- Web server administration experience
- Web authoring skills, including use of Web 2.0 technologies for reaching students.
- MS Office applications;
- Operating Systems and Application Software
- Client-Server Business Applications
- Web Servers and web technologies
- Database technologies including query languages
How to apply
Published: Friday, August 8, 2014 21:01 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC