The Web and User Interface Librarian works in the Discovery Services Team under the supervision of the Assistant Director for Discovery and Innovation. This individual will collaborate with a wide range of library units to develop the next generation of fully integrated and engaging online library experiences.
Essential Job Functions:
● Create and optimize effective user interfaces for a wide range of library systems including library developed discovery interfaces like the University Libraries Digital Collection and Quicksearch discovery tool.
● Develop page, template and element designs in line with WSU Library System and University branding.
● Provide design guidance to the Discovery Services and Digital Publishing Teams for a wide range of web properties.
● Integrate new content for the library website and related systems.
● Create graphics, images, photographs, videos and other media to support content development.
● Promote interface integration among library systems, such as the library discovery layers, interlibrary loan, websites, digital collection systems, and with campus-wide systems.
● Work with a wide range of stakeholders to iteratively test and develop user interfaces with key user groups.
● Participate in library teams and special projects related to library discovery, digital publishing, and user experience testing.
● Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA- accredited library school.
• Demonstrated design experience in a variety of digital formats, such as web pages, discovery systems, and mobile interfaces.
• Knowledge and experience with mobile web development, notably responsive web design techniques.
• Undergraduate degree concentration or equivalent experience that demonstrates abilities in web development and mobile web development.
• Minimum one year of experience and/or formal training in Web/multimedia development.
• Experience with UNIX/Linux/OSX operating systems and the LAMP environment.
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of passive usability tools, such as log analysis and website analytics systems.
● Experience working with content management systems, such as Drupal, Wordpress.
● Experience working with discovery platforms, such as Blacklight and VuFind
● Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
For information on how to apply please see:
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC