Digital Learning Initiative Librarian (Open Rank)
Created: July 7, 2014
University of Maryland, College Park College Park0 other recent jobs
DescriptionAs the largest university library system in the Washington D.C.-Baltimore area, the University of Maryland Libraries serve more than 37,500 students and 4,200 faculty of the flagship College Park campus. The University of Maryland Libraries share the teaching, learning and research goals of the university. Its role as a key academic resource is evident in its service to the academic community and its actionable strategic plan. Recent membership in the Committee on Institutional Cooperation, a robust organization of Big Ten member institutions, is particularly meaningful to the University Libraries and will further propel the university’s ascendancy in academic excellence.
Based in the Teaching and Learning Services Unit and working under the direction of the Head of Teaching and Learning Services and within the collaborative environment of the University of Maryland Libraries, the Digital Learning Initiatives Librarian designs and implements an innovative digital learning program for the libraries and the Terrapin Learning Commons that incorporates new technologies, analysis of user needs, as well as a strong pedagogical and user experience focus.
- ALA-accredited master’s degree in Library or Information Science.
- Experience providing in-person and virtual instruction and reference services.
- Experience applying assessment methods to evaluate student learning.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, oral, and written communication and decision-making skills.
- Ability to adapt to change and to be flexible.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively with colleagues, faculty and staff in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment.
- Capability and commitment to engage in research and continued professional development worthy of promotion and tenure as a faculty member of the University of Maryland Libraries.
Position is appointed to Librarian Faculty Ranks as established by the University System of Maryland Board of Regents. Rank at appointment is based on the successful applicant’s experience and relevant credentials. For additional information, consult the following website: http://www.president.umd.edu/policies/ii-100B.html.
APPLICATIONS: Electronic applications required. Please apply online at https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/27540. No relocation assistance will be provided. You must be legally able to work in the United States; the University of Maryland Libraries will not sponsor individuals for employment. An application consists of a cover letter which includes the source of advertisement, a resume, and names/e-mail addresses of three references.
Benefits: 22 Days Annual Leave, 15 Days of Sick Leave, 3 Days Personal Leave, 15 Paid Holidays, Tuition Remission, Health, Dental, Vision, and Prescription
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC
How to apply
Published: Monday, July 7, 2014 14:08 UTC