DevOps Engineer / Systems Administrator
Full time Remote / Telecommute
Created: June 30, 2014
DuraSpace Anywhere0 other recent jobs
DescriptionDuraSpace, a not-for-profit serving the needs of hundreds of academic and cultural heritage institutions worldwide, is seeking an experienced operations specialist to manage the administration and automation of technical infrastructure and software systems used by the DuraSpace organization and the teams that are creating open source systems such as DSpace, Fedora, VIVO, and DuraCloud.
What's in it for you:
- You will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge cloud tools to deploy, automate, and manage production SaaS applications.
- You will have the freedom to design and execute automation strategies using the latest configuration management tools and frameworks.
- You will have the opportunity to be engaged with several teams and to manage several different types of systems.
- Your work will be instrumental in ensuring that culturally relevant digital materials are preserved for future generations.
- You will have the opportunity to work for DuraSpace, a small not-for-profit with a collaborative, creative, and fun culture.
- You will be able to work from home.
- Your working hours will be flexible depending on your needs.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience performing systems administration, operations, and/or devops tasks
- Proficiency and experience in Linux systems administration (Ubuntu or Debian preferred)
- Proficiency in the analysis and debugging of systems issues
- Comfortable and confident creating scripts for automation
- Experience with configuration management tools and procedures (Puppet preferred)
- Familiarity with Java web application deployment and administration (experience with Tomcat and Apache preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing servers in AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Experience using Git and Github
- Experience managing relational databases
- Experience managing NoSQL databases
- Experience with ElasticSearch, LogStash, and/or Lumberjack
- Experience managing Atlassian software
- Comfortable with network configuration
- Familiarity with agile development methods
- Experience working with remote teams
DuraSpace (duraspace.org) is a software not for profit 501(c)3 company. We work with academic and cultural heritage institutions around the world to develop and deploy open source software solutions for managing and providing long term access to their digital cultural materials. Our mission is to provide leadership and innovation for open technologies that promote durable, persistent access to digital content. We work with a community of vibrant open source developers from all over the world. We offer a number of services to our community based on our open source technologies to help them advance their goals of making materials persistent and available to all.
DuraSpace is an equal opportunity employer. We offer health and retirement benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience. We are headquartered in the Boston MA area, however most of our employees work virtually and are located around the USA. We are a true believer of the virtual office, and use several online tools to facilitate our ability to work as a team irrespective of physical location.
Please send a letter of interest and cv/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:48 UTC