DescriptionPixar Animation Studios, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. Creator of some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including Toy Story, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille, WALL•E, Up and most recently, Cars 2. The Northern California studio has won 29 Academy Awards® and its eleven films have grossed more than $6.5 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
The Library Technician position is responsible for managing circulation, including copy cataloging, collection development, and shelf reading. The primary focus is to manage circulation of the book and DVD lending library.
- Manage the circulation desk, including check materials in and out, review patron records, compile list of overdue materials, send out overdue reminders, search for missing materials, shelf read, shelve materials, answer reference questions, answer directional questions and other duties as assigned
- Responsible for collection management including selection of items to enhance our circulating collection of books, videos and DVDs
- Prior MLIS or library / archives training or experience
- Experience cataloging books and media
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable customer service orientation
- Working knowledge of library cataloging software
- Fluency in FileMaker Pro
- Ability to work in a non-structured, ever-changing environment
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 13:52 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC