DescriptionThe Digital Resources and Initiatives Manager will:
- Provide leadership for the growth and the promotion of the Library’s digital resources.
- Provide leadership for the enhancement of a shared institutional repository.
- Collaborate with other library units in the management of the library’s digital collections platforms.
- Collaborate with other library units to identify potential collections to digitize.
- Seek grant and other funding sources to support digitization projects.
- Provide expertise in the development, management and promotion of library web pages, social media, mobile interfaces, digital signage, and other initiatives.
- Keep current with trends in digital library technologies, emerging technologies, learning management systems, open educational resources, preservation of digital objects, and scholarly communication issues.
Minimum Requirements: Required Qualifications:
- Masters degree in library and/or information science from an ALA accredited program or a masters degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience with the management of digitization projects or management of an institutional repository.
- Demonstrated knowledge of metadata schemas, such as Dublin Core, and of digital file formats.
- Familiarity with the development and application of web technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to write for the Web.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and a commitment to excellent service.
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Relevant work experience in an academic library setting.
- Familiarity with intellectual property, copyright, and licensing issues that impact digitization projects.
- Experience with digital content management systems such as CONTENTdm, D-Space, or Digital Commons.
- Relevant experience with the creation and use of social media and mobile interfaces in academic library contexts.
- Successful experience with grant writing and applications.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 13:51 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC