DescriptionOSU Libraries and Press invite applications for an analyst programmer to join our team. This full time, exempt position works collaboratively with other staff on a variety of web initiatives. The primary responsibility of the position is to develop, implement and maintain applications that support the work of the OSU Libraries and Press. The position will provide programming expertise and support for a variety of library systems, mainly web and mobile web applications.
- Plan, develop, test, implement and document new library software applications
- Analyze, modify and maintain existing applications, both commercial and open source
- Lead the work of student programmers
- Developing and articulating ideas for use and function of library tools, mobile web and improvement in HCI through discussions with faculty, staff, students and clientele. Communicating goals and uses of web initiatives to faculty, staff, students and clientele. Making suggested modifications and maintaining functionality of various projects on an on-going basis
- Provide HCI expertise across the Libraries' entire web based services. Training and supporting individuals and groups on the use of our developed web initiatives, project management and content authorship, review and publication tools.
- Work with faculty on our open source projects, including Hydra, user interface work for our discovery services tools, creation and maintenance of Drupal modules, working with system administrators to deploy new projects in a Unix environment, advising on technologies and tools, and providing assessment of, ideas for and implementation of other projects as needed.
- Foundation of knowledge and skills in systems analysis and related programming support functions generally obtained by a bachelor's degree in computer science, or an equivalent amount of training and applied experience.
- Work experience using online computing systems, training in structured techniques, and basic desktop computer software is required.
- Previous programming experience with SQL and server side programming languages like Ruby on Rails or PHP.
- Experience working with APIs, mobile technologies and web services (REST, SOAP).
- Experience designing, developing and optimizing MySQL and Postgres databases.
- Experience with HTML5, XHTML, and CSS
- Knowledge of Web-based software and web browser technologies
- Experience with Unix based environments, including deploying LAMP stack applications, trouble-shooting, and familiarity with common command line operations.
How to apply
Published: Monday, June 9, 2014 17:01 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC