Mount Royal University Library has a full-time staff of 60, including 15 faculty librarians. The
Library provides a technology-rich facility, a leading-edge information literacy program and a
full range of on-site and virtual services and resources. The Library supports over 12,000 full
and part-time students and over 1,900 faculty and staff. At Mount Royal, students experience high
quality student-centred education enhanced by smaller class sizes, personalized learning and a
single-minded dedication to premier undergraduate learning. Mount Royal is known for its collegial working environment.
The Library Programmer Analyst position provides operational and technical support for developing, maintaining, and supporting web application related technologies for the MRU Library. This position will be responsible for identifying and proposing potential enhancements to library technical systems, and collaborating with the Library Information Systems team and University ITS to implement them. The successful candidate must be equipped with the skills and experience to take on a high level of responsibility for critical Library systems and to act as technical lead of multiple projects which will include communication with key stakeholders. The Library Programmer Analyst reports to the Coordinator of Library Information Systems.
- Design, develop, and maintain applications and web pages, based on project requirements, responsive design best practices, university standards and guidelines, and stakeholder discussions.
- Develops automated and semi-automated processes to facilitate data gathering, data transfer, reporting and routine library functions by integrating multi-tool functions.
- Works with the Library Integrated Library System (ILS) User Analyst as a backup providing support for the Library's ILS through planning, system administration, report production, oversight of data management and trouble-shooting in collaboration and consultation with functional areas, ITS Department, software and data service vendors, and others, as appropriate.
- Provide technical support for server maintenace including configuration, security and maintenance updates etc.
- Monitor future trends and developments in web technologies to evaluate, and apply, appropriate new technologies of special interest to the Library's mission.
- Serves as a library contact for designated IT applications with ITS, with other University units and committees, with vendors, and with external organizations, and ensures effective and timely communications and collaboration with them.
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Information Systems is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience would be considered
- Excellent communication, problem solving, networking and teamwork skills
- Project Management experience
- Experience supporting 3rd party systems
- Knowledge of academic library processes and undergraduate student needs is preferred
- Required knowledge of website design, updating, and maintenance via a CMS such as:
- Oracle v. 11g (preferred)
- Other CMS (Drupal, Wordpress)
Demonstrated ability working with the following:
How to apply
Published: Friday, June 6, 2014 07:23 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC