DescriptionThe Visual Media Resources department is seeking a part-time digital imaging assistant to help maintain the teaching collection of images. The image collection consists of approximately 50,000 slides and 19,000 digital images that are made available for students and faculty using the MDID (Madison Digital Image Database) delivery system. Reports to: Senior Coordinator.
This is a part-time hourly position, approximately 22 hours per week.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Image Creation, Processing, and Workflow
- In conjunction with work-study students, create digital images by scanning from books and slides or using digital copy stand.
- Assist in checking in faculty image orders for scanning, processing, and cataloging.
- Assist Senior Coordinator with image uploads to MDID image delivery system.
- Order office supplies or other equipment as assigned.
- Assist in maintaining departmental forms (order forms, equipment, signup and reserve sheets).
Student and Faculty Services
- Answer questions from students and faculty about scanning, Photoshop, PowerPoint, and other VMR-related software and equipment as needed.
- Possible participation with Senior Coordinator in organizing and providing training workshops for faculty and students on scanning, manipulating, maintaining, and presenting digital images.
- Thorough knowledge of scanning and image correction in Photoshop.
- Detail and service-oriented.
- Excellent knowledge of Art History, Decorative Arts History or Architectural History, or B.A. in art history or related field preferred.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC