Created: June 5, 2014
Dartmouth College Hanover0 other recent jobs
DescriptionDartmouth College, a leader in computing technology innovation, is seeking to add a talented systems administrator to our team. If you are a self-starter and team player who is looking for a rewarding career with excellent work/life balance, check out our job opportunity for a Systems Administrator. Key responsibilities include management of servers, backup and storage infrastructure, security, testing and implementing/installing of both hardware and software applications in addition to general IT support and mentoring/collaboration with teammates.
Duties and Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- At least the last 5 years in a systems administrator role supporting Windows 2003/2008 environments (Linux, Mac, cross-platform experience is a plus).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired.
- Some current advanced level certification(s) in a specific area such as Microsoft, Cisco and/or Linux.
- Fluency in Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows XP/7/8, 2003/2008 server).
- Strong background in supporting Windows Server 2003/2008 in a Windows Domain/Active Directory (LDAP) environment.
- Must possess excellent communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve and multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, basic networking issues.
- Experience with core TCP/IP protocols such as DHCP, DNS, ARP, NAT, as well as IPv4.
- Experience with enterprise backup strategies (disk/tape library/dedup, etc).
- Improve quality and customer service standards by identifying trends and recommending process and procedural improvements to management.
- Good analytical ability to complete tasks assigned, gather and interpret data from different sources and to resolve complex problems.
- Project management experience both working individually and in a small team environment.
- A commitment to accurate documentation and standards based system administration.
- Values-based personality with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain positive and healthy relationships with all project team members and customers.
- Familiarity with a helpdesk trouble ticket system.
- Ability to work in stressful situations, and discernment with scheduling maintenance around customer requirements to minimize impact.
- Working with other computing support groups to provide ongoing support for departments in the use of various College systems, including continuing improvements in system usage, problem resolution, and additional training.
- Maintaining a current knowledge of system software and hardware which will include attending workshops, reading journals and vendor documentation.
- A high quality of life with cultural events, skiing, hiking, an easy drive to Boston, Montreal, and other major cities;
- A variety of on-campus entertainment and sporting events;
- A flexible and casual work environment;
- A competitive and comprehensive compensation package that includes medical and dental insurance, retirement plans, paid time off, etc.
Qualified applicants will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have demonstrated proficiency in teamwork and problem-solving. This exciting systems administrator position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience with enterprise systems in a multi-tier, relational database system environment. Candidates should have skills in administrative scripting languages including PowerShell and VB.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC