Emerging Technologies Librarian
Austin Peay State University — Clarksville
0 other recent jobs
Created: June 4, 2014
DescriptionApplications are invited for the position of Emerging Technologies Librarian. This position is a full-time, 12-month, tenure track faculty position reporting to the Director of Library Services. The position is to begin in summer, 2014.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for monitoring and assessing technological developments in libraries and higher education, and recommending implementation of technologies that will contribute to the increased effectiveness, usability, and awareness of library services and resources.
- Participate in planning, implementation and management of new technologies in conjunction with others as appropriate (e.g., digital services and electronic resources librarians, library instruction coordinator).
- Coordinate planning, implementation, assessment and reporting for reference and research assistance services; perform all aspects of traditional and electronic reference services, working evening and weekend shifts on a rotational basis.
- Participate in information literacy instruction.
- Serve as a liaison to assigned academic departments or programs; responsible for collection development in liaison areas.
- Contribute to library planning, goal setting, decision making, and project implementation.
- Participate in professional service and scholarly/creative activities.
- ALA-accredited master's degree or international equivalent.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of social, mobile, and other emerging technologies and their applications in academic libraries.
- Reference experience in an academic library.
- Demonstrated ability to provide instruction in a classroom setting.
- Strong interest in and enthusiasm for reference services, information literacy, and utilizing technology for the provision of library services and resources.
- Evidence of a strong, service-oriented work ethic, ability to work independently and collaboratively in a rapidly changing, learner-centered environment.
- Effective interpersonal, presentation, and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and conduct multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Evidence of potential to meet tenure and promotion requirements.
- A background search will be required of the successful candidate.
Published: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 10:56 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC