DescriptionThe Digital Services Librarian provides innovative, proactive and responsive support for data extraction and analysis for the nine partner libraries in the Washington Research Library Consortium (WRLC) to enable data driven decisions. Provides application support for key elements of the WRLC's digital library infrastructure. Reports to the Director of Information Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide data and metadata extraction, manipulation, analysis and statistical reports for WRLC-supported digital library systems and services (Voyager, Summon, 360 Link, DSpace, Islandora, etc.) to support management information needs and workflow requirements of the consortium and the individual libraries.
- Manage application support for digital collection and institutional repository services (currently based on DSpace, moving to Islandora in 2014). Manage application support for resource-sharing applications (ILLiad and Odyssey).
- Collaborate with partner library staff and the WRLC programmers to analyze workflows, develop requirements and participate in the design of custom applications and APIs.
- Assist in the administration, maintenance and enhancement of WRLC-supported digital library systems and services (Voyager, Summon, 360Link, etc.).
- Serve on committees and task forces as required. Provide constructive input for enhancements to services or revisions to policies and procedures. Serve as backup to other positions as necessary. Undertake special projects and perform other duties as assigned. Seek new knowledge and update skills to enhance performance in all areas of responsibility.
EXPECTED: ALA accredited master’s degree in library or information science, master’s degree in related field, or equivalent education and experience. Awareness of current trends in libraries, archives, and digitization. Strong organizational and problem-solving skills. Customer centered orientation essential. Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and to successfully manage multiple projects and priorities.
DESIRED: Significant experience working with API development and/or relational database queries and presentation. Experience with SQL and XML. Experience with scripting languages (Perl, PHP), metadata schema (MARC, Dublin Core, METS, FRBR, RDA) and applications such as DSpace, Fedora and/or Islandora.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 10:43 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC