DescriptionThe University of Texas at Austin Libraries invites applicants for the position of Metadata Coordinator [Librarian III]. The Metadata Coordinator will provide innovative leadership in planning, implementing and assessing metadata practice for the University of Texas Libraries digital collections.. The position reports to and supports the activities of the Head Librarian, Cataloging & Metadata Services.
- Oversees consistent metadata practice and decision making process for descriptive, administrative and technical metadata.
- Develops policies and procedures in support of consistent metadata practice for University of Texas Libraries' (UTL) digital collections and services.
- Proactively engages with subject liaisons, faculty, staff and students to identify metadata needs and prospective metadata projects. Develops and provides metadata training to staff, faculty and students as needed.
- Participates in UTL's digital curation efforts and provides metadata expertise in support of these activities.
- Works closely and collaboratively with various units within the library, including Digital Access Services, Preservation and Digitization Services, IT Architecture and Strategy, and Technology Integration Services staff to develop and implement efficient metadata workflows.
- Ensures UTL's metadata practices are complementary to national and international efforts to promote interoperability.
- Develops and implements consistent metadata best practices for UTL and shares them within the wider metadata community.
- Facilitates policy development within Cataloging and Metadata Services (CMS) and participates in CMS Management Group.
- Other related functions as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with: linked data semantic web applications, ontologies, and RDF; working with faculty and providing metadata consultations; providing grant support and/or grant writing; working in an academic library. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Salary and Benefits: $47,500 – $79, 142 negotiable depending on qualifications. No state or local income tax. Standard state benefits package including annual vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, retirement plans, and health insurance options (comprehensive major medical, dental, vision, life, and disability). Deferred compensation and tax sheltered annuity programs are also available.
Recruiting Schedule: All interested candidates must complete an online application by going to www.utexas.edu/hr/prospective/apply/process.html. Please follow all instructions given. When applying, refer to job posting # 14-05-21-01-0084. An e-mail confirmation will be sent to those who apply online along with a set of job-related questions that candidates will be asked to return in order for their application materials to be complete.
To ensure consideration, application materials should be submitted online as soon as possible. For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Library Human Resources: lib-HR@lib.utexas.edu
The University of Texas Libraries has a strong commitment to diversity and encourages applications and nominations from traditionally underrepresented groups. Early career applicants are encouraged to apply.
Published: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 10:38 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC