DescriptionSupport the goal to acquire, preserve, and make available the institutional archival records according to prevailing professional standards, and subject to relevant policies and procedures. Responsible for prioritizing archives projects, processing archives collections and creating finding aids. Implement best archival practices with respect to the care and conservation of collections and associated collections data in all mediums. Respond to research queries and facilitate on-site research with use of archives materials. Provide University and community-wide reference service to archives materials as needed. Manage digital library initiatives, and establish policies, procedures, and workflow for the digital library. Provide expertise in creating, managing, describing and preserving digital collections. Oversee the implementation of the content management system, digitization processes and metadata creation. Maintain the digital library website.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Support the goals of the NSU Archives to acquire, preserve, and make available the archival records according to prevailing professional standards, and subject to relevant policies and procedures.
2. Using best practices for archives, prioritize archives projects, process archives collections, and create finding aids.
3. Respond to research queries and facilitate on-site research with use of archival materials. Provide reference services to the University and community as needed.
4. Manage digital library initiatives.
5. Provide expertise in describing and preserving digital collections.
6. Oversee the implementation of the content management system, digitization processes, and metadata creation.
7. Manage digital library website.
8. May be expected to assume responsibility for supervision of library support staff, volunteers, and/or student employees.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, June 3, 2014 14:50 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC