Created: May 24, 2014
Purdue University West Lafayette0 other recent jobs
DescriptionThe University Archivist plays a leading role in the processing and management of all archival and manuscript collections, including appraisal, accessioning, deaccessioning, preparation of processing plans, arrangement and description, and preservation of materials in all formats and collecting areas. Digitization of existing and future collections is vital to the progress of the archives unit. The University Archivist will bring existing collections to the forefront using digitization and preservation technologies. The university archivist will also work collaboratively with university librarians and faculty to ensure that the archives collection grows and represents the university appropriately. University Archivist will supervise one full-time clerical staff in addition to temporary student employees and paid/unpaid interns. University Archivist will be part of the reference team, sharing evening/weekend rotation at Reference Help Desk. University Archivist will provide classroom instruction for both students and staff, highlighting various archival collections and/or procedures.
- Master's degree in Archival Studies or a Master’s degree in Library Science with a specialization in digital collection or archival studies from an ALA-accredited institution
- Two year’s experience in digitizing arranging, and presentation of archival collections.
- Experience with DACS, EAD, MARC, LCSH AACR2 and archival metadata standards.
- Working knowledge of basic conservation and preservation standards for archival collections.
- Experience using and managing collection software/programs such as ARCHON, e-Prints, DSpace or Fedora.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience
- Ability to implement digitization and processing plan for archival collections, ensure appropriate housing of archival material.
- Ability to identify collections, write and edit finding aids and other descriptive access tools utilizing DACS standards, and maintain schedules and deadlines.
- Conform existing collection into digital collections when possible. Train and supervise archive clerk, student aides and interns.
APPLY ONLINE AT www.purduecal.edu/hr/employment.
Check out our excellent benefit package at www.purdue.edu/benefits!
FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
Retirement Eligibility: Fidelity Contribution Waiting Period.
Review of online applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled, with a preferred online application deadline of: June 5, 2014. Although you are welcome to apply after this date, your resume may or may not be reviewed depending on the outcome of the search.
All offers of employment will be made contingent upon the results of the background check.
Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC