DescriptionThe dynamic and motivated hands-on Network Engineering and Operations Manager will build, manage and lead our network team. Ensures that ProQuest’s global voice and data network is designed, deployed, supported and cost effective. Will interact with software development and infrastructure engineering and operations teams and insure that the business and technical requirements are defined and delivered, delighting our internal and external customer base.
Some of what you’ll be doing:
- Lead a distributed team of 8 network and voice engineers, primarily in Ann Arbor, Michigan, supervising and directing day-to-day activity to ensure continuous availability
- Supervise and manage the engineering/project activity of the team driving complete, timely, on budget delivery
- Provide technical leadership and direction, reviews architecture and design and recommends change and improvement where needed
- Coordinate communication and activity across the teams in infrastructure engineering and software development
- Insure the network is monitored for faults, and appropriate escalation paths are defined for on and off-hours incidents or requests
- Leads problem resolution where needed and identifies solutions to avoid problem recurrence
- Engage with ProQuest’s customers as needed to resolve connectivity or performance issues at individual customer sites
- Manage relationships with network service providers and telcos internationally
- Establish project plans, levels workloads among team members, allocates work, and sets goals for the network team that are aligned with business and department objectives
- Provide regular status reports, escalates issues with delivery dates, cost or deliverables at risk
- Accountable party for all network and voice projects, including incident, problem, and change management. Acts as the escalation point when necessary for 24x7 operations and on-call team rotation
- Assist in the annual budget development for the team and routine operational budget tracking for the unit
What you’ll have experience doing:
- Bachelors’ degree Computer Science, Telecommunications, Management Information Systems or related fields or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years managing a geographically distributed team; overseas preferred
- 8+ years managing a team of engineering and operations staff
- 10+ years progressive experience with LAN and WAN architecture
- 8+ years progressive experience supporting and managing change in a 24x7 online production environment
- Extensive knowledge in IP internetworking – IP routing protocols (e.g. EIGRP,OSPF, RIP-2, BGP)
- Extensive knowledge of layer 1-3 concepts, switches, routers, wireless LANs – with emphasis on Cisco technologies
- Extensive knowledge of secure campus and corporate LAN/WAN design and implementation including MPLS/P2P/Internet/VPN/DMVPN technologies
- Experience with load balancing technologies (Cisco CSS/F5 LTM/GTM)
- Extensive knowledge in Cisco data center products such as Nexus 7K/5K/2K,ASR
- Extensive experience leading large projects including large shifts in technology
- Experience with converged data, voice (VoIP) and video networks
- Experience delivering network services/design for virtualization technologies (VMware preferred)
- Experience with the components that comprise an online service infrastructure including UNIX and Windows servers, switches, routers, data circuits and applications
- Experience designing and delivering network services for enterprise storage (EMC/NetApp preferred) iSCSI, FCoE, Converged Infrastructure (Cisco UCS preferred)
- Experience with enterprise voice, phone switches and routing, call center design, remote agent technologies – Avaya experience preferred
- Exposure to cloud technologies and internetworking (Amazon AWS preferred)
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize many simultaneous projects and interrupt driven activity simultaneously
- Ability to work well under critical time constraints and pressure
- Ability to assess risk and make timely decisions
- Advanced vendor certification training in one or more of the technologies supported
Here’s what you want to know about ProQuest
Fantastic people: Where smart is the norm and unique is welcome
Fun location: Restaurants all around, within walking distance to Briarwood Mall, and approximately 3 miles from Downtown Ann Arbor.
Great benefits: On-site events, flexible scheduling and wellness programs, plus Bike to work benefits.
Awesome office environment: Nice office, jeans are the norm and unlimited complimentary coffee and tea for the caffeine craved
Amazing company: Annual compensation reviews, generous bonuses, along with being voted as one of the Top Places to Work by Detroit Free Press, three years in a row!
ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. We provide seamless access to and navigation of more than 125 billion digital pages of the world's scholarship, delivering it to the desktop and into the workflow of serious researchers in multiple fields, from arts, literature, and social science to general reference, business, science, technology, and medicine. The company is currently rolling out the all-new ProQuest® platform, which moves beyond navigation to empower researchers to use, create, and share content—accelerating research productivity.
If this position isn’t quite your fit, check out our other positions posted on our “Career” page under About Us. ProQuest’s corporate office is located in Ann Arbor, MI. www.Proquest.com
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC