Learning Commons Librarian (Zayed University, United Arab Emirates)
Created: May 21, 2014
Zayed University Abu Dhabi0 other recent jobs
DescriptionZayed University seeks a librarian to assist in the daily operation of the Learning Commons on the Dubai Campus. The new Learning Commons is a space in the Library that seeks to support students, staff, and faculty in their use of rich and emerging technologies for learning and research, and specializes in assistance with the pursuit of English language skills and development.
- Oversees the daily operations of the Learning Commons Dubai, including staff management, technology assistance and oversight of the public service point.
- Develop a technology plan for the learning commons that includes adding hardware, software, programming, and staff technology skills to our existing infrastructure.
- Coordinate with the Learning Commons Supervisor to update and develop the Learning Commons website, and other online marketing/network tools.
- Supervise and evaluate Library Learning Commons staff in Dubai
- Actively participate in the information literacy program, including teaching Academic Bridge Program, Colloquy and majors’ library sessions
- Liaison to the Academic Bridge Program Dubai and other assigned University departments or units for collection development purposes
- Coordinate Learning Commons technology issues with the University Computing Services Department
- Seek professional development and research opportunities to maintain currency in the field and contribute to the academy
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Library Science or appropriate field from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years library and teaching experience in a western-style university
- Minimum 1 years’ experience supervising staff or student workers
- Experience in an academic library or in academic support services
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 00:09 UTC