DescriptionKitchener Public Library has a summer job opportunity for a student to provide a high level of customer service assisting library users in the Kitchener Public Library’s Digital Media Lab. This position will report to the Coordinator, Information Services and requires an individual with strong instructional and coaching skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, and initiative to learn new technologies, research problems and evaluate and implement solutions.
• Provides a high level of customer service to library users in the digital media lab.
• Provides one on one and small group instruction to the public and staff on digital media technologies.
• Creates tip sheets and other resources to support and promote digital media at the library.
• Demonstrates digital media hardware and software.
• Translates technical information to learners at different levels of computer experience, comprehension, learning styles, comfort with technology, and sometimes limited education.
• Troubleshoots and resolves end-user digital media hardware and software related questions and problems.
• Plans own workload to meet deadlines established in consultation with the supervisor.
• Ensures security of KPL information and hardware in accordance with established procedures.
• Follows safe work practices and procedures in support of KPL’s Safety and Health Policy.
• One year or more of post-secondary education
• Demonstrated effective skills using computers, social media and digital media resources and equipment
• Ability to adapt to new and emerging technologies
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a customer service focus
• Strong instructional and coaching skills
• Ability to prepare written materials for non-technical learners
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to analyse and resolve technical problems
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Published: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 21:40 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC