Digital Library Developer
National Collegiate Inventors and Innovators Alliance — Amherst
0 other recent jobs
Created: April 30, 2014
DescriptionProvides the design and implementation of the on-line library that will host online resources and provide the delivery of content. Develop a system for knowledge storage, integration and learning using knowledge platform. Evaluates and develops the digital asset management (DAM) system that includes a repository of materials for a variety of NCIIA's professional learning communities/networks, handling a wide range of formats. Create a DAM system in which materials are searchable and accessible by instructors or staff, integrating with a separate learning management environment. Send cover letter and resume with position title in subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org. See full descriptions at http://nciia.org/employment/
• Strong system analysis skills
• Familiarity with a wide range of digital file formats.
• Familiarity with digital repositories and digital libraries.
• Familiarity with a wide range of item level metadata standards (e.g.,
MODS, METS, VRA Core, learning objects metadata standards (IMS,
• Familiarity with HUBZero preferred but not required or other types of
digital asset management systems (e.g., DSpace, HUBZeroFedora,
CollectiveAccess, learning object repositories,, etc.)
• Database management and XML skills
• Strong communication skills
• Demonstrated success working on projects with tight deadlines
• Master's degree in library or information science from an ALA-accredited
institution, expected or earned, or equivalent experience
• Excellent online research skills and in-depth familiarity with both print and
• Experience working with web design and electronic publishing software.
• Initiative, excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
and work in a team environment.
• Ability to develop and foster collaborative working relationships.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC