DescriptionRose-Hulman Institute of Technology, a consistently top-ranked engineering school, seeks a highly motivated, outgoing, progressive, and service-oriented User Services and Library Technologies Librarian to directly support the Rose-Hulman community by providing the following services: reference, instructional support, classroom support, collection development, library technology support, and assist with managing the institutional archives and repository.
- American Library Association-accredited Master's degree or equivalent in Library Science.
- Knowledge of and experience with engineering, science, and mathematics information databases, resources, and literature.
- Knowledge of and experience in providing reference assistance to academic/ research library users and in library collection development for academic/research libraries.
- Relevant work experience with computers and library technology: integrated library systems, journal link resolvers, educational research guide software, online authentication systems, Internet protocols, and tools.
- Recent experience in creating and maintaining websites (web and photographic/graphic editing tools).
- Knowledge of or experience in archival, digital, open-source, and special collection management.
- Customer focused. Experience with handling client/customer expectations and service issues.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and collaboration skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, project management, and organizational skills.
- Evidence of ability to work independently and follow through on work assignments.
- Evidence of ability to work in a collegial and collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, or mathematics.
- Discipline-specific experience in an academic or research library.
- Experience with Sierra integrated library systems, EBSCO AtoZ, LibGuides, EZProxy, and Photoshop.
- Fluency in the latest social networking tools and mobile technology
- Salary/Compensation: Commensurate with experience and qualifications; excellent benefits package.
Published: Monday, April 28, 2014 19:13 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC