Library Digital Project Manager
Created: April 28, 2014
Dickinson College Carlisle0 other recent jobs
DescriptionThis position is a 2-year temporary appointment responsible for a new institutional repository as well as for projects that highlight unique resources among the college's collections. The ideal candidate has significant direct experience with the planning, implementation, and management of digital initiatives; web development experience; facility with a variety of content management tools; and supervisory experience. Strong analytical and communication skills and the ability to work effectively both independently and on teams are essential.
Areas of responsibility include the following: ongoing testing, development, and management of an institutional repository (bepress Digital Commons); content management system programming and maintenance (Drupal and CONTENTdm); planning and implementing digital initiatives centered in unique library resources; website creation and maintenance; training library staff members and students; assessment of digital project outcomes; and coordinating activity of all digital project contributors. The Library Digital Projects Manager reports to the College Archivist and supervises undergraduate project interns.
- Digital project management: Provides technical support for planning, development, and implementation of digital projects within the library. Works proactively to develop digital capabilities in support of emerging user needs. Stays current on emerging technologies and trends. Recommends and leads testing and development of innovative applications for digital project enhancements.
- Digital systems maintenance: Maintains various digital asset management systems, including the library's institutional repository. Trouble-shoots and works with appropriate internal and external library and IT units to resolve system problems.
- Collaboration: Works across units of the library to ensure seamless service to digital project audiences. Works with all LIS units in development and support of library digital initiatives. Works with campus website managers. Coordinates activities with Mellon Post Doc Fellow regarding digital humanities activities. Engages with college faculty in supporting digital project efforts, as appropriate.
- Library staff and student training and support: Educates other library staff and undergraduates, as necessary, on technologies being utilized in support of digital initiatives. Develops training guides and manuals to aid the instruction process and to support consistency of output by project contributors.
- Assessment: Gathers and analyzes both quantitative and qualitative data to inform digital project decision-making and continuously improve digital initiatives. In concert with digital project directors, develops appropriate assessment strategies and supports ongoing assessment of digital initiatives.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC
How to apply
Published: Monday, April 28, 2014 19:01 UTC