JMU's Center for Instructional Technology (CIT) is currently seeking a full-time Senior Software Developer and Systems Engineer to join its R&D team. The successful candidate will develop, manage and integrate robust instructional software applications in a mixed operating system environment. The successful candidate will also set up and administer software applications, databases and Windows and Linux servers.
Duties and Responsibilities: Duties and responsibilities of the Senior Software Developer and Systems Engineer include:
- Develop custom software and integrate applications with existing systems.
- Configure, deploy and administer applications, databases and servers.
- Share development responsibilities for MDID, an open source repository (http://mdid.org) and other applications.
- Administer, support and customize CIT's WordPress installations.
- Work on a team to integrate JMU's learning management system (Canvas) with other JMU and CIT systems.
- Consult with key faculty and staff to inform development efforts.
- Support CIT's open source initiatives.
Qualifications: Qualifications include:
- Excellent command of a modern programming language.
- Familiar with relational databases and server operating systems.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or comparable experience.
- Experience working on a large software development project.
- Experience with frameworks such as Django and jQuery.
- Experience with publishing platforms such WordPress and Omeka.
- Experience with revision control systems such as GitHub.
- Experience with learning management systems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
How to apply
Jody Condit - faganjc Fagan
Published: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 17:36 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC