DescriptionThe Digital Technologies Coordinator will oversee the library's digital presence, provide support for library operations including performing general circulation duties and assisting the Library Director with special projects. This position includes management of the library's website, social media account(s), portal pages, and LibGuides. This individual will also identify and coordinate the implementation of strategies to maximize the effective use of available technologies to meet the needs of library users and library personnel. Work schedule may include one/two evening(s) per week during the fall and winter semesters. The position reports to the Library Director.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to interact effectively with others in an educational environment.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of digital services and emerging technologies and their integration into an academic library environment.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies relevant to academic libraries.
- Capability to effectively interact with a wide range of people both on and off campus.
- MLS preferred
- Library experience preferred
- Archives experience preferred
- Knowledge of copy/original cataloging using current OCLC and AACR2 standards preferred
1. Integration of innovative technologies into the library
- Maintain the library website and library presence in MyBay
- Coordinate the library's presence in social media
- Coordinate and expand the library's presence in Blackboard
- Research and make recommendations for the introduction of new technologies into the library
- Collect, maintain and report on usage of new technologies
- Digitize and enhance audio files using Audacity software
- Coordinate digital archives collection on Library website
4. Provide trainings in the use of technology to library staff and patrons
5. Coordinate and conduct periodic software updates on computers in conjunction with campus IT staff
6. Supervise and direct work-study employees during scheduled night shift(s)
7. Assist at front desk with circulation functions such as the charging/discharging of materials, renewal of materials and registration of new patrons
1. May include copy/original cataloging using current OCLC and AACR2 standards
2. May include properly processing and storing college archival material
3. May include providing Archive services for all library patrons and interested parties
4. Any other duties as assigned
Published: Monday, April 21, 2014 19:03 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC