ORCID is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated team member with exceptional communication skills to contribute to our user-centric and highly responsive support team. The successful candidate will provide user and member support, and help identify ways we can continue to put our members and users at the center of our work.
In addition to providing user support over the web, additional responsibilities of this position include assisting our members with technical questions via phone and web, and helping with other tasks as needed. While no technical certification is necessary, applicants must be competent in HTML and XML, excited to learn new applications, and comfortable talking with software developers. Applicants should have excellent writing and communication skills and an excitement about technology. Experience in research and scholarly communication and multi-lingual skills are a plus.
This position is a full time, permanent work-from-home opportunity. Recent grads are welcome to apply.
WHO WE ARE
ORCID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID) is an independent not-for-profit organization. We are working with the international research community to connect research with researchers. Our mission is to provide a registry of persistent unique researcher identifiers, and to automate linkages to other persistent ID schemes and research objects such as publications, datasets, grants, and patents.
Launched in October 2012, ORCID is a fast growing start-up with over 600,000 active users and over 120 member organizations including international professional associations, universities and research organizations, academic publishers, government and private research funders, and vendors serving the research community. Our Website and Registry (orcid.org) is published in six languages.
The Customer and Technical Support Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Respond to user support requests and feedback online, while ensuring that feedback flows to the cross-functional team to fuel improvement and innovation
- Provide technical support to members building integrations using the ORCID API
- Educate and inform users and members via documentation and other tools
- Process feedback to ensure we are constantly improving the user and member experience
- Advocate for users and engage in an array of activities that drive user experience improvements
- Review our response process to improve internal and external communication
- Assist with QA, research, and other tasks as needed
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Experience providing customer or technical support, ideally over email
- Tech-savvy and with a passion for research and scholarly activities
- Demonstrated experience with HTML and basic CSS and XML
- Exceptional communication skills and a strong work ethic; ability to prioritize effectively and get things done in a dynamic, unstructured environment
- Process improvement experience
- Experience extracting actionable recommendations from feedback and data, and communicating it to stakeholders
- Motivated and results-driven, with a high-level of energy, enthusiasm, and initiative
- Legally authorized to work in, and living in, the United States
NICE TO HAVE REQUIREMENTS
- 3 years of experience providing email-based technical support
- Basic programming experience
- Experience with APIs
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience in the scholarly publishing or academic community
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Based in the greater NYC area
Send a cover letter and resume by April 27, 2014 to email@example.com. In your letter please include the name of an app or website that you think has a fantastic user interface.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC