DescriptionInfotrieve is a global leader in information services and content management technology for businesses. For more than 20 years we have been providing corporate information centers, R&D facilities, and legal, business affairs and product professionals in more than half the Fortune 500 with a broad array of software solutions and services.
We are seeking a talented Advanced Referencing Services Specialist with the desire to provide top-notch service to our blue chip clients. In this role you will utilize your strong on-line search skills to conduct advanced reference work, citation verification and copyright clearance for hard-to-find documents utilizing specialized in-house and commercial databases.
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional recent MLS graduate with a strong desire to work with both leading edge software and some of the most highly respected companies from a variety of industries. This position will be located in Wilton, CT and will report to our Client Services Supervisor.
- Ensure document orders are accurately matched to bibliographic records in internal databases by consulting multiple online library catalogs
- Perform searches across specialized databases to verify citations and update internal database information
- Locate source publications containing hard-to-find documents including journal articles, theses and dissertations, periodicals, conference proceedings and patents
- Obtain copyright permissions for hard-to-clear documents
- Initiate contact with publishers and vendors to fill document requests
- Communicate order status updates to clients
- MS degree in library and information science
- 2 years experience in a corporate or academic research position
- Proficiency using citation databases such as PubMed
- Knowledge of university and library catalogues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven customer service orientation
- Aptitude for learning new software
- Strong technical background desired
How to apply
Published: Monday, April 14, 2014 14:12 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC