DescriptionWe're looking for a Sr. Java Developer.
In our vision of this role, the Senior Software Developer draws on deep knowledge of software engineering practices and experience to enhance and further develop existing SaaS web applications in the Serials Solutions suite of Discovery solutions. As our Sr. Developer, you will develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications in an agile (SCRUM) environment. The Senior Software Developer will also research, design, and document software solutions throughout the production life cycle.
Still interested? Read on...
Some of what you'll be doing:
• Work with Agile/Scrum team, including Database Engineer, Program Manager, QA, Business Owners, IT/Operation and Management, to assess options and provide solutions in support of products and systems
• Design, implement and maintain software solutions that enhance and correct existing applications
• Provide task lists and estimates of project work based on documents/stories/requirements
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks to meet project deadlines
• Provide high level project estimates and development approach
What you'll have experience doing:
• 6+ years of software development experience; at least 4 years developing multi-tiered web applications using core Java technologies and concepts
• Solid background working with SQL and relational database concepts
• Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
• Library Industry experience a strong factor
• SaaS application development experience
• MySQL experience
• XSLT programming proficiency
Here’s what you want to know about the Seattle office
Fantastic people: Where smart is the norm and unique is welcome
Fun location: Coffee houses, restaurants and right across the street from Fremont’s best pub
Great benefits: Plus some unique stuff like monthly transportation subsidy, on-site events, flexible scheduling and wellness programs
Awesome office environment: Nice office, jeans are the norm and (well behaved) Fido is welcome
Amazing company: Annual compensation reviews, generous bonuses, and active “Green Team” and good morale
About Serials Solutions
Serials Solutions is a dedicated partner of libraries working to remain vital and relevant to their users and communities. We provide industry-leading technology solutions for libraries worldwide. The company helps libraries work better by providing innovative, practical Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions, a comprehensive knowledgebase and unparalleled client support services.
Serials Solutions, a ProQuest® business, is headquartered in Seattle, Washington
Published: Thursday, March 20, 2014 16:09 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC