Digital Repository Analyst
Center for Research Libraries — Chicago
0 other recent jobs
Created: March 18, 2014
DescriptionPlay a key role in a grant-funded initiative to shape a data-centered international strategy for archiving and digitizing historical journals and newspapers
The Digital Repository Analyst will assess and compare the capacity of various systems to provide long-term access to digitized news. Based on this assessment, he/she will play a key role in developing a rational methodology and process for libraries and publishers to collaborate on digitizing newspaper content to ensure broad access, interoperability, and persistence.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Determining the scope of content residing in targeted digital newspaper repositories and performing comparisons of coverage to identify gaps and areas of overlap/uniqueness
- Evaluating the functionality, features and interoperability of the various database products used to contain the content
- Assessing the technical specifications for the primary elements of the platforms/content management systems
- Working with CRL audit repository specialists to evaluate the publisher/library polices and the aspects of the platforms/repositories relative to preservation policies
- Develops use cases and requirements of academic researchers for the use of digitized newspaper content.
- Minimum of one year of experience analyzing and/or managing large research or academic databases
- Experience with digital preservation practices, and working knowledge of standards and concepts in support of long term preservation of digital information
- Familiarity with the use of news and related content in academic research in the humanities and social sciences
- In-depth understanding of the lifecycle of electronic news or digitization of primary source library collections.
- B.A. in related discipline
- MLS, MSLIS or equivalent experience
In addition to professional challenge and a chance to make a creative contribution, the CRL offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits package.
Published: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 14:40 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC