Descriptionebrary seeks a DevOps Engineer
Mountain View, the home of ebrary, Google and Stanford University, is situated in the heart of Silicon Valley directly between San Francisco and San Jose. ebrary, a ProQuest company is proud to be part of a city and a region known around the world for its Software Engineering and Technical innovation.
• Large-scale environment, Multi-tiered and Distributed
• Advanced Cloud-based infrastructure
• Automation, scaling and performance minded
• Java-based deployment tools
• Complex multi-cluster management
• ebooks leader in a major market!
The person who fills this role will be a skilled DevOps Engineer to join us in the evolution of our platform as we scale through highly automated methods. This is a fairly junior position, but in all other respects requires a great deal of maturity and attention to detail. The DevOps Engineer will work directly with our senior members of our team to comprehend our software management methods and objectives, and complete implementation assignments that extend our capabilities and support our agile processes.
Our products support complex content aggregation, sophisticated business models, streaming and downloaded document delivery, and unique user interaction. They are delivered as fully virtualized and cloud-based services with particular emphasis on automated deployment and management techniques, rooted in our core development processes.
What you'll be doing:
• Take responsibility for our infrastructure and continuous integration tools. This includes:
• Improve on existing tools
• Build new test harnesses for the tools
• Write new tools as needed
• Make sure the core infrastructure is functioning (build and deployment servers, monitoring, etc.)
• Build, Packaging and deployment scripts development, and their execution
• Support the build, continuous integration, QA automation and performance testing environments
What you need to be successful:
• BS in computer science or equivalent experience
• Experience with Linux operating environment and RPM packaging
• Working knowledge of build tools such as ANT/MVN/GRADDLE or any other for building java based applications
• Knowledge of junits or any other automated testing frameworks and managing continuous integration environments such as jenkins
• Experience working with configuration management and automation tools such as Chef
• Experience working effectively in a team environment as a strong collaborative player
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including production of system documentation
• Able to listen, evaluate assignments, and hold up your end of the mentorship equation
ebooks are hot! Giant, scalable collections of ebooks are our business. Integration with all the players is our game.
ebrary is a very successful content distribution and technology company with significant market presence worldwide. With our technology, educational institutions all over the world are providing student access to an ever-growing distributed library of content, at fraction of the cost of acquiring and maintaining physical documents. We are growing, and expanding into new markets rapidly. None the less, innovation is our passion, and we keep it focused.
We're over 12 years old, and privately held as a subsidiary of ProQuest, a premier content and services company with "central to research" delivery through academic and corporate libraries throughout the world. You can learn more about us at http://www.ebrary.com and http://www.proquest.com.
ebrary® is a leading provider of e-books and research technology to academic, corporate, government, public, and high school libraries worldwide.
If this position isn’t quite your fit, check out our other positions posted on our “Career” page under About. ebrary a ProQuest®
business, is headquartered in Mountain View, CA.
ebrary is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination of any kind.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 19:02 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC