DescriptionCenter for Research Libraries (CRL) is a membership consortium consisting of the leading academic and research libraries in the U.S. and abroad, with a unique and historic collection. A recently awarded grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation has enabled the CRL to continue and expand its efforts to shape a data-centered international strategy for archiving and digitizing historical journals and newspapers.
We are seeking a PERL Programmer to work with our existing team of librarians to further develop and maintain data projects critical to meeting our objective. Work primarily involves analyzing and manipulating data sets from library and commercial sources to pull out needed data and transform it into additional formats for ingest into existing databases or tools used for presentation of the data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working closely with librarians to analyze and manipulate data sets
• Creating optimized scalable code
• Design, build and test tools to analyze data, extract patterns, and transform data among various formats as required by project demands.
• Design and build user-friendly interface for tools.
• Strong analytical skills, with experience analyzing dataflow, data patterns and work flow
• Minimum of 1 year of PERL programming experience
• Experience using PERL, JAVA or other programming languages to normalize text and applying API’s to harvest or capture data.
• Ability to collaborate and contribute to a team and work independently
• Ability to document and explain standards
• Related degree required
In addition to professional challenge and the chance to make a creative contribution, the CRL offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits package.
Respond with the title of the position in the subject line to: Resumes@crl.edu. You may also respond by mail or fax, indicating the position you are applying for to:
Center for Research Libraries
6050 S. Kenwood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60637
An Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC