Web Architect Librarian
Created: March 5, 2014
Texas Tech University Lubbock0 other recent jobs
DescriptionPosition Class Title Assistant Librarian
Extended Job Title Web Architect Librarian
Requisition No. 90725
Job Category Faculty
Position Number T94123
To serve the information needs of library clientele in assigned subject area(s) to include liaison, collection development, user instruction and reference activities; must also cooperate and function as part of a team to provide services to all library users. This is an entry-level rank assigned to those beginning their professional careers or those, who upon their appointment, do not meet the criteria of Associate Librarian. Work is performed under general supervision with latitude for individual initiative and judgment. Evaluation of employee performance is based upon accomplishment of defined objectives.
This position is responsible for the development of website standards and best practices for the library web presence. The person also participates in providing access to library materials acquired by the University Libraries and contributes to the development of departmental policies and procedures. The incumbent is also expected to engage in scholarly pursuit and other professional activities in accordance with Texas Tech Library’s standards for promotion and tenure.
• Maintains excellent written and oral communication with library staff. Disseminates information that is clear to all levels of library staff in the form of email updates, attendance at staff meetings and other appropriate means.
• Works closely with the supervisor, appropriate teams and departments to establish and refine associated policies, procedures, and workflows.
• Investigates, evaluates, and recommends systems and standards for the website. Leads the ongoing development of website standards and best practices. Provides recommendations on the implementation of new web services and systems. Tracks developments of library website standards and facilitates access to resources through website development.
• Implements suitable web standards. Ensures quality, consistency, and ease of access to all library website supported systems and information.
• Assists in setting policies, priorities and practices for the library website and how systems are integrated.
• Coordinate with others who are doing research on the website or are looking to use web statistics as assessment tools.
• Provides training in the area of web content creation and management and user experience.
• Participates in the development, design, deployment and support of web services.
• Participates in the development and implementation of library policies and procedures, project planning and staff training as needed.
• Stays abreast of current developments in library issues through active participation in professional organizations and workshops. Monitors professional trends in assigned areas and makes recommendations in these areas.
• Serves on library committees and cross functional teams as assigned.
• Writes reports and prepares other documentation as needed.
• Assists with special projects as needed.
Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program. This position will be classified as Security Sensitive and require a criminal background check if selected for employment.
• Must have knowledge of website standards and other emerging internet trends; knowledge of website implementation and management techniques. Strong interpersonal skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills and training abilities.
• Working knowledge of standard computer office applications such as Microsoft Outlook, MS Office Suite, or other productivity software; the ability to work creatively, collaboratively and effectively both as a team member and independently to promote teamwork among colleagues at all levels.
• Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS.
• Demonstrated project management and problem-solving skills.
• Familiarity with Usability practices and Accessibility standards highly preferred as well as experience producing and customizing a quality ADA-compliant website within a Content Management System.
Security Sensitive? Yes
Security Level (TTU only) Level I
Does this position work in a research laboratory? No
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Pay Basis Monthly (Exempt)
Job Type Full Time Tenure Track
Campus/Unit Texas Tech University
Work Location Lubbock
Zip Code 79409
Job Open Date 02/20/2014
Please provide the following to accompany your online application:
• Curriculum Vitae
• Cover Letter
• Professional References
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC